Saturday, October 21, 2017

Track Of The Day :: Timi Temple - Sands Of Time





Words: Sam Geary

Out on October 27, guitarist with Sydney artist Kilter (Ned East), Timi Temple - real name Tim Lockwood - releases his own hazy, 60s-inspired psych jam, 'Sands Of Time'.

Following his summer single 'What Are We Waiting For', 'Sands Of Time' draws on influences from Tame Impala, Jimi Hendrix and MGMT; kicking off in a big sonic style followed by a swathe of melodic guitars and washed-out synths, together with Lockwood’s flowing vocals,

The song was inspired by an event in Lockwood's childhood, as he explains:

“When I was a kid we had a fishtank in the house, behind the dining table, on a glass shelf. Underneath the tank was a heater, now, I don’t know whose bright idea it was to put the heater under the tank, but one cold night I thought I’d do the right thing by turning on the heater. A child’s first attempt at taking initiative. Unfortunately, no one from my family realised I had done this, so I was put to bed and the rest of my family retired for the night without turning off the heater.

"I woke up to my family arguing about who left the heater on – the fish were pretty much boiled and floating across the top – and when I was asked, I feigned ignorance. It ate at me for a while, the guilt not washing off my consciousness. But soon it was ‘lost in the sands of time’ and forgotten. It hit me like a freight train when, at 15, I decided to buy my own ‘first pet’ and picked up a fish tank. I put my thoughts down on paper and I guess the song is my confession.”

No comments:

Post a Comment