Monday, April 17, 2017

Track Of The Day :: Himalayas - Thank God I'm Not You




Words: Ellie Ward

New single straight from the Himalayas to your ears. Well, not exactly the Himalayas as in that big Asian mountain range, but as in Cardiff indie garage rock band Himalayas.

'Thank God I'm Not You' follows the Welsh quartet's debut EP 'Ecstasy' and is officially released on May 12 on Peepshow Records.

Setting out from the start how it means to go in for the next three minutes, 'Thank God I'm Not You' builds on assured drums and a guitar and bass interplay in a crunchy, grungy rock parade as Mike Griffiths rages how, "I’m a coward / I’m a freak." It's as imposing as those other Himalayas, just with a Welsh accent.

Himalayas play The Monarch, Camden on April 20 (free entry), followed by Leeds Verve Bar on May 27.



No comments:

Post a Comment