Friday, November 20, 2015

Benjamin Clementine Wins 2015 Mercury Music Prize




Benjamin Clementine has taken this year's Mercury Prize for his debut album 'At Least For Now'.

The 26-year-old London-born singer/songwriter won out over finalists including Florence + The Machine, Jamie xx, Wolf Alice, Slaves and Ghostpoet.

"I don't know what to say. Thank you very much. I’d like to thank music. I can’t believe I’ve actually won this… I never thought I would say this. If anyone is watching, any child or youngster or student. The world is your oyster. Go out there and get what you want to get." He then invited the other nominees to join Jim on stage, before breaking into tears as he dedicated the award to the victims of the Paris terror attacks, a city where he had lived, busking on the metro as a struggling musician.



The full list of nominees.

Aphex Twin - Syro
Benjamin Clementine - At Least For Now
Gaz Coombes - Matador
C Duncan - Architect
Eska - Eska
Florence + The Machine - How Big How Blue How Beautiful
Ghostpoet - Shedding Skin
Jamie xx - In Colour
Roisin Murphy - Hairless Toys
Slaves - Are You Satisfied
Soak - Before We Forgot How To Dream
Wolf Alice - My Love Is Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment