Monday, December 01, 2014
LITTLE INDIE BLOGS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS TO LITTLE INDIE BLOGS
Artists/bands wishing to have their product reviewed, please adhere to the following criteria. Unless you do so, we are afraid we CANNOT consider it and it will be automatically deleted.
IF YOU ARE A MYSTERY/ANONYMOUS/FACELESS INDIVIDUAL OR OUTFIT WHO REFUSE TO GIVE NAMES OR DETAILS - SORRY, WE DO NOT GIVE PUBLICITY TO THESE.
1. All submissions MUST go via email to: littleindieblogs[at]gmail[dot]com
We do NOT accept submissions via Facebook or Twitter direct message facilities.
Please do NOT send attachments of any sort (particularly PDF files) or Dropbox links. Information as stated below should all be in body of the mail.
2. Submissions MUST include the name of the artist (with more than one member, full names of each person) and instruments played, your location, together with a few brief sentences about yourself, and details of the release date and format. We also require a sound link to Soundcloud / Bandcamp or YouTube of the product you are submitting.
We do not accept links to your own website or Reverbnation etc.
The sound link must also NOT be private and have a shareable embed code. ALL SPOTIFY LINKS TO INCLUDE FULL EMBED CODE.
Your product's release date - single, EP, album - should not be older than 3 weeks at the very most. We prefer to have submissions in at least a month BEFORE release.
We are sorry but unless we have all the above we cannot use.
3. Please do not send us something that first saw the light of day about three months ago - IT IS NOW TOO OLD!
4. You MUST include your Facebook and Twitter links. And if you don't have either, we would automatically think you are probably not very serious about getting your music out and across to people. These are vital resources for your fanbase reach!
5. We receive a lot of requests to cover material or live shows, however, we are unable to consider everything that comes in - often hundreds per day - either due to the reasons above, or because we do not have the space to include, or we simply don't like!
We do listen to all that comes in, and will occasionally pass to our colleagues if we can't use but think they might like and be able to do something with.
6. Little Indie Blogs are recognised by Hype Machine and one of the sites they refer to for their own artist lists. Therefore, being covered on our site enhances your chance of reaching a wider audience! We also tip to Generator's - the UK's leading music development agency - Tipping Point (see http://tipping-point.co.uk/).
7. Little Indie Blogs will actively seek to promote a band or track that we hear and feature, by various means including Twitter, but also by private offline 'word-in-ear' This is obviously not standard for every single thing we post, but if we hear something that is too good to let go, we will put it out to other blogs, promoters, and to radio stations suggesting that they take a listen. This does not, however, guarantee airplay.
8. Following us and making contact on Twitter will give your name a 'face' and help us to remember you. We also remember when you follow and then unfollow us because we haven't immediately responded. We are always watching, and you probably won't get featured here at all when we see that! @littleindieblog