Monday, September 01, 2014

Watch :: Album Taster Track From Hong Kong



Philippines-born musician Chuck Gonzalez, or Hong Kong as he prefers to style himself, this week releases his debut album 'High Noon' via Thumbs Off Records, and shares the video for new single 'Late Bloomer' - which you can watch below.

Melodic dreamlike landscapes, melancholy ambience and perpetual alienation, revolve in the world Hong Kong inhabits, lending his music a distant, ethereal feel; distorted, ghostly guitar lines cascade down over yearning, sublime vocals, creating an atmosphere that complements his raw, introspective lyrics.

Although he looks up to a diverse range of artists, including Neil Young, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Can, The Velvet Underground and Scott Walker, he is keen to stress the intensely personal nature of his music. “Whenever I try and write and arrange a song, I want it to sound like me at that moment.  I write about things I don’t talk about, thoughts I keep to myself,” he confides.






No comments:

Post a Comment