Thursday, September 18, 2014

Introducing :: Laura Perkins



Laura Perkins is a 21-year-old singer/songwriter/guitarist from Ascot in Berkshire, and if you haven't come across her yet - you have now.

At the age of 20, she came to the online world by way of 'My Favourite Room', a song that showcased not just her delicate vocals but also her poetic writing form, and which appeared on her 2012 debut EP, 'Know Nothing Forever'.  From desolate piano ballads to the more jangly upbeat, there is both a richness and simplicity to her work.



"I've been playing electric guitar since I was 12 and began to write my own songs and pick up other instruments at the same time," she reveals. "I write everything you hear" - which includes a "dark, but delicate, five-track EP, featuring my new single, 'Boom'. Without giving too much away, the EP describes, in an abstract form, a relationship between three people."

Laura is, as she says, still "new to the game", but we have a feeling if won't be long before we're hearing a lot more of her.

FACEBOOK



No comments:

Post a Comment